Delicious turkey from www.totallytraditionalturkeys.com - opened the Turkey season brilliantly.
It’s the start of the turkey season. Our CEO at Great British Chefs, Ollie roasted this wonderful turkey for Thanksgiving Dinner with his American Dad & family. Our Turkey is from the TFTA (Traditional Farmfresh Turkey Association) & is a “Totally Traditional Turkey”, So we know it’s free range, reared to full maturity & produced by independent farmers.
Their 12-point Quality Assurance Code guarantees that their turkeys are:
- Reared and produced with the greatest care by independent farmers, dedicated to producing the finest turkeys
- Grown slowly to full maturity
- Fed rations containing at least 70 per cent grain with no animal protein and never given additives for growth promotion
- Never given antibiotics except as prescribed by a vet
- Housed in buildings giving both natural light and ventilation while providing essential weather protection with space at or better than Animal Welfare Code recommendations. Free range stock have open daily access to grazing for at least 11 weeks
- Always handled with extreme care by experienced staff under the personal supervision of the farmer
- Regularly bedded with comfortable straw or soft wood shavings
- Grown on farms independently inspected to ensure that the code is met in full
- Slaughtered on the farm to avoid the stress of long distance transportation
- Always dry plucked and hung for at least seven days to mature and develop the natural flavours unique to this traditional type of production
- Processed in facilities inspected by the local Environmental Health officer or Meat Hygiene Service
- Individually inspected to qualify for the Totally Traditional Turkey guarantee
- Supplied with a money-back guarantee in the unlikely event of consumer dissatisfaction