A TOUCH OF SEASONAL MAGIC FROM THE TOP CHEFS
- 60 inspiring recipes for a very merry Christmas feast –
Great British Chefs, a digital business championing the best chefs across Britain, has today launched the first round of the Feastive app, a new iPhone and iPad app aimed at bringing a touch of culinary glamour to Christmas and New Year celebrations with the help of 12 of the best chefs in the country, including Marcus Wareing, Tom Aikens and Simon Rogan.
The app puts 60 recipes – ranging from brilliantly simple through to haute cuisine – in the palm of your hand, encouraging food-lovers to attempt anything from a single ‘feastive’ dish to a full five course menu featuring the lost art of canapés and petit fours. The app also offers novice users a range of how-to videos on difficult sections of recipes and features a voice control function so you don’t have to get your iPhones and iPads sticky.
The Feastive app, which follows the success of the Great British Chefs app earlier this year, features some of the most dynamic British chefs offering their take on a seasonal meal. The app delivers recipes ranging from Roasted venison, wild mushroom pie and creamed parsnips to Coconut Pistachio Snowballs, while Vineet Bhatia, one of the newest additions to the group, offers an alternative to the traditional roast in the form of a Grilled lamb rack, cinnamon lamb jus Apricot-walnut cous cous Blue cheese-lamb tikki.
Matthew Fort, strategic advisor to Great British Chefs, comments: ‘If you can’t celebrate at this time of year, when can you? There’s no need to celebrate Christmas the way you did last year and the year before that, not when there’s inspiration, help and advice from some of the country’s finest chefs at the touch of a button and the scroll of a finger on the Feastive App. It’s a feast for the eyes, for the brain, and above all for the tummy.’
Marcus Wareing comments: ‘The restaurant goes mad around this time of year. Everyone wants to enjoy good food and good company and that is the reason I do what I do so I am thrilled to share even more of my favourite recipes on the new Feastive App from Great British Chefs. With step-by-step recipe instructions and ‘how to’ films on complex sections it fills me with great pleasure knowing that people of all cooking abilities will be recreating my dishes in the comfort of their own homes - making Christmas time even more memorable for friends and family.”
The Feastive app features 12 of the UK’s best chefs with a free upgrade to 21 chefs and 105 recipes from 1 December.
The Feastive app also includes multiple features to make sure that your cooking experience is enjoyable and stress free:
- Easy-to-use, intuitive navigation and search facility so you can find recipes for you whether searching by ingredient, course or chef
- Making the cooking process easier,the voice control function allows you to cook without even touching your iPad or iPhone
- Access to three menus made up of 5 courses (canapés, starters, mains, desserts and petit fours) from each chef including the full step by step recipes
- A series of ‘How To’ films for particularly tricky stages of recipes
- Shopping list function meaning that you can collect together a list of produce you will need and view them by aisle or by recipe
- Full information on all the chefs including a profile video with links to where they cook and a cookbook list linking directly to Amazon
- The new app will be compatible with iPhone (iOS 3.2 or later), iPad and iPad2. Using stunning photography, the iPad and iPhone apps have been carefully designed to make usability and functionality of an equally high standard on both Apple devices.
- The Great British Chefs Feastive app will sell on iTunes at £1.99
- Each chef will present three full menus with five courses per menu (canapés, starters, mains, desserts and petit fours)
- The 12 chefs in the app are: Marcus Wareing, Martin Wishart, Tom Aikens, Vineet Bhatia, Adam Simmonds, Bruno Loubet, Simon Rogan, Shaun Rankin, Paul Ainsworth, Nathan Outlaw, Theo Randall, Frances Atkins
- The Second set of 9 chefs are: Robert Thompson, Gary Jones, Galton Blackiston, Adam Gray, Simon Hulstone, Agnar Sverrisson, Alfred Prasad, Pascal Aussignac, Michael Wignall